Monday, November 13, 2006

Year 2, Day 255: Rainy Days and Mondays

Possibly because I ate two flour-laden Peanut-butter chocolate chip muffins of my own making last night, or just because it was a cold, rainy Monday, I found it hard to control myself today. To add insult to injury I got a salad from Panera but I found it rather small and unsatisfying. This caused me to eat 1oz of Boston Lite popcorn right away and anxiety about my trip to North Carolina caused me to eat three more pieces of beef jerky. Sometimes just the anxiety of eating causes you more anxiety, and certainly that can be an endless spiral leading you nowhere.

Breakfast
5 Slices Ham
1 Slice Balthazar Rye
Coffee

Snack
5 Slices Beef Jerky
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
30 Almonds

Lunch: Panera
Greek Salad with Chicken

Dinner:
Steak Tips
Asparagus
Peppadews
a few handfuls of cashews and almonds

In my continued quest to ratchet down the diet or just 'take it easy' sometimes I find that I have been eating more nuts and popcorn. Today I was looking back at some old posts and I realized part of the reason I wasn't losing weight is how much fat I was consuming, even during the first year. Sure it was a low-carb diet, but to eat regular 'lite' yogurt plus nuts plus regular cheese all in one day is kind of crazy, but I didn't know that at the time. I know that now, which is why I'm so anxious about it.

No comments: