Thursday, November 09, 2006

Year 2, Day 251: Nuts Again

Amazingly, three of the people closest to me in are venturing onto some kind of diet or program. All for their various reasons, they are setting out to lose weight, break patterns and just get healthy. As a supportive guy I am not naming names but I support them all whole-heartedly. Meanwhile, since my weigh in at 176 I have been considering what my next steps are. Do I stay on the diet, or do I move to the more low-fi "Phase Three?" This week I have already been thinking that I've been letting myself slide. For instance, this morning I had a lot of peanut butter and this afternoon I ate nearly 40 almonds.

Breakfast
6 oz. plain yogurt
4 tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter
Green Tea

Snack
Five Pieces of Beef Jerky
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
40 Almonds

Lunch: Russo's ($5.65)
Red leaf, red onion, red pepper
mushroom, broccoli, chicken, feta
balsamic vinegar

Dinner:
Sesame Encrusted Trout
Cauliflower
Green Salad with Cabbage & Parmesan

People continue to ask me now that I've gotten to 176 lbs, what are my plans? Do I plan to 'ease up'? It's a good question. I'm not sure I know how to moderate my behavior. I know how to be a zealot; that' is easy. But navigating shades of grey is difficult. Can I bring one piece of pizza a week into my diet? But why would I do that? This is what I will be wrestling with over the next few weeks, months, and the holiday season. I'll let up a little, but I don't want to get back to gaining weight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two hundred fifty-one days certainly allows for one nutty/nutful day! Move on to phase three, stay the course (pardon the expression), continue to inspire the rest of us sitting on our glutes, breaking our scales, wimping out after half-way measures fail.
We're darned proud of you!
Love,
Auntd.