Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Day 274: The Dreaded Travel Day

I have written on this many times, and there is not much new to add, but the travel day is just hell on dieters who don't plan. There I said it. It's much easier to plan the trip from your home where you are well stocked than from where you are visiting where you are not. That said, I did spend over $100 in groceries while I was home, and though someone commented that I was "buying things I wouldn't eat" in fact we ate most of it and only returned with a few yogurts and a lot of multi-grain bread.

Breakfast
2 slices multi-grain bread
peanut butter
Tea

Pre-travel snack
a few different bites of yogurts rejected by kids
Ezekial cereal with some of that yogurt
a failed batch of tuna
Cheese stick rejected by Ruby

In the Car:
Tuna Salad, 6 "Scoopers"
About 1 Cup Cheerios (Yogurt Burst)
50% 1 Pink Lady Apple
Almonds and Cashews

Dinner
Talapia with Cabbage
Broccoli rejected by kids

There was a lot of eating other people's cast offs today, and that is often the worst thing you can do, because you really aren't planning for those calories, and it doesn't say much for the self-respect of the eater. However, as a parent, you get to do this without even thinking about it. I bet if every parent just watched themselves for one day on video, they would be absolutely shocked and horrified by not only how often they do it, but what kind of state the food is in when they eat it. I'm not going to explain that, I'm just going to let it sit out there. Anyway being on the diet a long time has made me understand exactly the carbs/sugars/calories of things that I am eating when I am eating grain/carb things and so now I'm realizing that 11 scoopers (1 serving) is about the equivalent of two slices of bread, so if I want to have that, I can, but is it worth trading out the bread? Not if it's from balthazar, but otherwise....

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, Glad you got home safely. Glad you're still planning ahead as best you can. Love, MOM