Sunday, November 27, 2005

272: The Day After the Day After

You think you're in the clear, but you're not. There's still leftovers and people are starting to try and push all these exciting, fresh-baked Christmas cookies and what not. That's not even counting the problems you have when you buy all those exciting, seasonal items. Yesterday, Ruby, my brother-in-law and I went to this incredible bakery and I got Ruby a chocolate madeleine in addition to cookies and some incredible multigrain bread and rye that I have not been able to stop eating. In addition to that, my sister-in-law purchased a sticky bun from the same bakery and we had a bit of that today. It was probably the 2nd best sticky bun I ever tasted in my whole life, which caused me to have to leave the room from the pleasure, I just could not be in the same room with the sticky bun, or calamity would have ensued.

Breakfast
2 Slices Multigrain Bread
1 Slice Rye
Peanut Butter
Tea
Coffee (with Soy milk)

Lunch
Leftover Chicken Kebab
Greek Salad with Feta

Snack
1/4 cup Almonds/Cashews
1 Pink Lady Apple
2 bites of Ruby's Pan-Pizza
1 bite of the World's Most Incredible Sticky Bun from Balthazahar (http://www.balthazarbakery.com/home.html)

Dinner
Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
NY Sirloin Steak

Another day, another two hours of tennis. I cannot tell you how great it is to find another way to sweat besides working out in a gym. It is obvious that I love tennis and were it not so expensive in both money and time to find a court and a league I would be involved in one. I remember that in 1992, the year that Emily and I were married, we signed up to play tennis once a week at the local high school that had indoor courts. That winter it snowed so much we had to dig our car out several times and really overcome a lot of desire to stay in the warm house to get out there and do it. But we knew we had to look good in the pictures, so more often than not we did it. Today, it was me, Emily, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. It was great tennis, though I was clearly the weak link, we all had a great workout. Then we scooted over to a local dive for steak and salad. Though the playing of tennis was its own reward, there is nothing like EARNING your meal, from a calorie perspective.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, I agreed. Earning your calories is really great. It sounds like "The Day After" was harder that the holiday. But so it goes. Hope it gets easier as you get back to the routine of life. But life has its culinary pleasures there's no doubt about that. Love and keep up that tennis. MOM