Thursday, November 24, 2005

Day 269: Erev Thanksgiving

Today I did not just will myself to get better, I planned a day where there was no alternative. In retrospect, this could have gone very badly for me, but fortunately, I skated by (as I am wont to do) with no ill effects. Still troubled by whatever stomach problems I have 'caught' from Emily, I try and take it easy today, except that I need to have a crown (that's a tooth-thingy) fixed. It also so happens that an important meeting with my boss and several folks from corporate has been scheduled without my noticing; it happens to coincide badly with my dental needs. Luckily, everybody is willing to move the time around but I still have to ask my dentist to "lean on the gas" and I don't mean give me more NO2. I realize as I'm asking this that "speedy" and "crown work" don't really belong together, but what can I do. I had not figured that I was going to be swallowing (unintentionally) all kinds of dentral detritus, such as tooth-drilling-shavings and crown-mold-castoffs. I begin to worry that this will upset my stomach, but fortunately the wildly unpleasant sensation of drilling caused all of my senses to go white-hot with despair, making me oblivious to everything else.

Breakfast
1/2 slice Vermont Bread
6 oz. Stonyfield Vanilla Yogurt
1/9th Banana

Lunch
Sirloin Cheeseburger with Bacon
Side Salad with Zinfandel Vinaigrette

Snack
A few handfuls of salted Cashews
chicken breast pieces

Dinner
2-Egg Cheese Omelet
1 Slice Wheat Toast

It certainly wasn't a regular eating day for me, since I was worried in the AM, spent the balance of the morning in a dental chair (thinking of Marathon Man) and then meetings, following by a meat-fest. When I got home I immediately took Ruby out on an emergency mitten-buying excursion, and then to market for a few items. Let me tell you, it is a crazy scene at 5pm Wed before Thanksgiving! Obviously, there has been a lot written about dieters and Thanksgiving; I'll let you know how it went.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Sweeetie. Dental procedures are unifromly unnerving. )No pun intended.) Hope you're all feeling better today as we wend our way through this Thanksgiving eating weekend. Love, MOM

Don in CA said...

Hi Robert: Sorry we'll miss you this year at Debbie's. We're sending a good delegation, though! Keep up the great blogging...love to Em and the kiddies

Don & Marcia