Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Day 247: Detecto Says....196....Again...

As the chocolate hangover subsides for most people, I am up early in the morning and headed to the doctor's office. As always, I am busy weighing my clothes to find the lightest pants I have before I set out. I decide on the linen capris and vamoose. As has been the case every visit since the second week of July, I am stuck at my 30lbs off weight of 196. Just can't move that needle. I am grateful, and can only breathe again, once I realize I have not gained any weight back on. In fact, the fear of it so greatly motivates me. I suspect if I can get through the so-called "Holiday Season" this year at the same weight, I should pay back the diet gods by heading back to phase one for the new year. I may have to, if I get carried away in a turducken frenzy.

Breakfast
2 slices When Pigs Fly Harvest Wheat
Super-Chunky Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup Almonds/cashews
10 dried turkish apricots
1 braeburn apple
30 pistachios

Lunch
Roll Mops: Ham, Mozzarella, Mustard
Romaine Hearts
Olives

Dinner
Meatballs
Sweet Potato
1 oz. Cracker Barrel Cheese

Amazingly, I did not eat one morsel of chocolate during the Halloween season. I did not want for it, though like an old man wistful for his salad days, I did take a few moments to reflect on "great experiences of eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cups I have known." I did confirm today that the apples I was eating were "Cameos"—and sold by geewhizfruit.com, even though they don't advertise them. They get little attention, but they are worth seeking out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Rob, but I have to address Barbara:

You can't imagine what a hiccup of happiness I felt when I read you wore all black and a witch hat to your bridge lesson. As the kids say, you GO, girl. Excellent.

Mom said...

Dear Em and Robert.....thanks for the kind words. I can't believe Mr. Detecto as you have been so good for so long. All I can say is that you have changed your life in changing your eating habits and your exercise and that this will pay off. Happy Halloween and All Saint's Day! love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Linen capris????

Lurleen :)

Don in CA said...

We're cheering you on!

Marcia & D.