Thursday, November 03, 2005

Day 248: More of Same

Went for a walk today with a pregnant coworker. She used to be the fastest walker and now she is somewhat slower. Walking today I remembered that I could barely make it the first time around. This time, we were able to keep a good clip and continue talking the whole time. That's real progress, even if I'm not losing any weight.

Breakfast
2 Slices WPF Bread
Super Chunky Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
1 oz Cracker Barrel Cheese Stick
12 Dried Apricots
1/4 cup Almonds/Cashews
1 Cameo Apple

Lunch: Chinese
Broccoli with Oyster Sauce
Shredded Pork with Peppers, Cabbage
Wonton Soup

Dinner: Blue Ribbon BBQ
Ribs
Burnt Ends
BBQ Chicken
Beans
Cole Slaw

Also today we were looking at the calorie counts of peanut M&Ms as well as Candy Corn. Peanut M&Ms are surprisingly not that bad—I think a slice of white bread is worse for you, from a carbohydrate, sugar and calorie standpoint. Isn't that amazing? I'm still not having any peanut M&Ms, but it made me think that I might need to reassess my stance on candy.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sugar is sugar...no matter how many calories it contains. I'm green with engy as I think about where I imagine you got dinner tonight. Ah Chicken Caesar! Looking forward to seeing you all at Thanksgiving. Love, MOM