Monday, November 07, 2005

Day 252: [sobbing, whimpering]

At the gym today I began my program to run at a lower, fat-burning rate, as was recommended to me by health professionals and sister-in-laws a like. So this means instead of elliptical-ing (jogging?) at a rate of 6 mph, I was more like at 5 mph. It was challenging to keep my heart rate at 117, so I was often either at 124 or 114. By running slower, I realized that it was less important to listen to fast music and simultaneously, it was easier to keep going. I did four miles in about 50 minutes. As an added bonus, the TV aimed at my elliptical was on the "Shaft" remake with Samuel ("Shmutty") Jackson. Quite a bad film, but the 'closed caption titles' made it unintentionally hilarious. A tried hard to remember the scene in its entirety. Someone is getting roughted up on a roof somewhere.

YOU LIKE THAT?

[sobbing, whimpering]

AHH!

YOU WANT A TASTE OF THAT?

AHH AHH!

[engine revs]

[crying]

Breakfast
2 slices When Pigs Fly Bread
Super chunky peanut butter
Tea

Snack
1/2 cup almonds/cashews
50% honey crisp apple
4 bites Banilla yogurt
1 chicken nugget
5 dried apricots

Lunch
2 Eggs Over Easy
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
1 oz Cracker Barrel Cheese

Dinner
Shrimp & Broccoli a la Emily
1 Hot Dog

It seems kind of funny to have a hot dog for dessert, but when you're hungry, and you've run out of dinner, it has to be done. I don't have any more explanation than that. And for the record, Aileen was right, Honeycrisp apples are FANTASTIC, if not very very sweet.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sorry, but it wouldn't let me leave a message for yesterday. Said I wasn't writing down the letters correctly. Why do we need to copy the letters anyway. Anyway what I said was Bravo Emily! When you have been drinking coffee black, it tastes better with milk than it you had been drinking it with milk all along. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Grab those HoneyCrisps while you can, because (at least in NH) they're seasonal. I yuv them!

Lurleen