Monday, November 21, 2005

Day 266: Shabbat it Ain't

Because Emily's sisters were here, and they're early risers, I was able to get to the gym for a second time this weekend. Because it's not 'no towels' shabbat, the gym was JAMMED. There were only a few machines left unattended. This meant I had to give up my beloved elliptical because there was a half hour wait on every one. I dutifully signed up and surveying my possibilities, took up the treadmill. Now if you don't me well you might not know that except for running away from something frightening, I have never really done any jogging in my life. I know that people expect that you jog when you get on the treadmill, but I have always been a fast walker, preferring not to break into a full hop-off my feet. Today I did just that, once again surprising myself inside the temple of old Jews who do more 'resting' and 'sitting' on the recumbent bikes than actual exercise. After a half an hour on the treadmill, I had only gone just over two miles, but it was much harder and I was obviously more worked out than I had been in previous work outs. In fact, yesterday I only barely needed a towel (which is good, because as you know, it was Shabbat and there are no towels, Genesis: 4-12). Today I was in definite need. After my half hour fast walk & jogging, I took my turn on the elliptical and went almost another two miles. Then I took a journey around the track.

Breakfast
2 Slices Ezekiel Bread
Peanut Butter
2 oz. Cheese
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup Almonds/Cashews
6 Dried Apricots
6 oz yoplait yogurt
1/2 cup Hi protein crunch cereal

Lunch
Hamburger
2 oz cheese
Peppadews
Pickles

Dinner
Rotisserie Chicken
Olives

So here we are, through Emily's birthday celebration and standing on the precipice of the "holiday season", always a killer for those dieting. Today marks only 99 days to my point of being on the diet for a year—I think at the point I can truly call it a 'lifestyle change.' Plus, I'm nearly deaf from two months with the iPod earbuds. On top of it, Emily came down with something—so she was sidelined for the night. I ate standing up, and was glad I'm not emotionally attached to my eating experience, or I would have demanded a refund.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sorry to hear Em isn't feeling well. It makes life that much harder. I think this is a life sytle change and I applaud you. Love, MOM