Monday, June 06, 2005

Day 98

A lot happened today, but it's late and I've been failing to get to bed at a reasonable time. So here's a quick one. I did get to the gym, and just barely got 31 minutes before they shooed everyone out (they close for an unknown reason at 4:30). I realized that if I had a gym that was open late I could avoid the downsides of the JCC, namely they're practically not open on the Sabbath, which is kind of a bummer if you're not religious. I did get on the machine, and it felt much better. I didn't almost fall off this time. So maybe next time I can set it to "cardio burn" instead of "demonstration mode."

Breakfast
Mastemecher Bread (can't explain right now)
1.5 tsps peanut butter
Tea

Snack
1 Joy Stick (a jerky-like product)
1 Cheese stick
1/2 cup mixed unsalted nuts (with some lightly salted nuts thrown in)
A few piece white meat chicken

Lunch
Turkey Bacon, Egg and Cheese Omelette

Post Workout Snack
6 oz. lite Yoplait yogurt

Dinner
Broccoli a la Em
Sirloin Steak Tips
20 Peanuts

Whenever I work out (is that right word for someone who just uses a machine?) in the afternoon I come home very hungry. I know it's SUPPOSED to be OK to eat more because you've raised your metabolism but I'm trying to create a deficit here, people! Well, I gave in and ate plenty. I must tell you about the new bread and very badly shaped yogurt container by Yoplait, but it will have to wait for another post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm so pleased that you're adding this exercise piece to your life. It's so great! A;as it does make you hungrier. Bummer. Love to all. MOM

Anonymous said...

using the machine beats using the couch honey.