Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Day 93: Detecto Says "203"*

The asterisk is because I got weighed on a different scale today. Amazingly, this is the first time in all the times I have been weighed in that I ever had to use a different scale. I am deeply suspicious of the number, but I will accept it. The nurse, Donna, is starting to expect me—so that's good. It was getting tiresome to continually explain why I was there. So today I was in exam room #4–where I hope we can continue to get weighed in from here on in. Of course, now the hard part really starts; not just physically but psychologically. To get over the next seven pounds in about seven weeks—well, it will be challenging. I am really going to have to either increase my exercise or decrease my eating. Emily wanted to know if I was going to celebrate. When they make a cupcake out of celery, I said, then I am really going to celebrate.

Breakfast
1 Cup All-Bran (not buds)
1 Cup Strawberries
3/4 Cup fat free milk
1 oz Chocolate Yogurt

Snack
1/4 cup unsalted, mixed nuts
1 granny smith apple
12 Oz. Coffee

Lunch
Greek Salad
Grilled Chicken
(No dressing)

Dinner
Cod a la Emily
Broccoli and Cauliflower (a la Emily)
20 Peanuts

The cheesestick embargo begins once again. Not much to say except to repeat what one of my coworkers was able to elucidate brilliantly today. I was saying that I wasn't tired of dieting, or exercise, and she said "it's the thinking." That's exactly it, I said. It's that I have to THINK all the time about WHAT I am eating and WHEN I will exercise. I don't mind less food and more exercise, but sometimes I just want a rest from all that thinking. And of course, a celery cupcake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Congratulations on your latest Detecto score! But you're right, the same scale is really important. So stick with Room #4 from now on. I agree with your friend...it is the thinking. But isn't almost everything that counts? Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Would would have thought that your diet - new lifestyle - would be inspirational in so many ways? I woke up today actually feeling proud that for the first time in my life I applied heat to cauliflower and it came out pretty good. Inspired by you. Devoured by both.

On another note, I cannot go out with the mothers.

E