Sunday, June 12, 2005

105: Detecto Ready to Punish

Well, the weekend is over, and there was no trip to the gym, bicycling, or lap swimming. It was SO hot that that there wasn't much to do but stay inside, though I did get my family to the pool on Sunday at 3:37 only to find out that the pool was closing at 4:00pm due to an obscure Jewish holiday. Though I love my heritage, I was really gorked out at having to tell Ruby after 20 minutes that she had to get out of the pool, especially since it took us like an hour and half to get ready to drive five minutes to get there. All in all, we still did better than the family of five that ARRIVED at four o'clock,only to have to turn around, with their towels and cooler, and what I presume were the inconsolable long faces of the children.

Breakfast
2 Eggs Over Easy (absolute perfection, I'm ready to be a short-order cook)
2 Strips Turkey Bacon (I am keeping JO in business)
Tea

Snack
Nuts-a-Nutso
2 Strawberries
6 oz blueberry Yoplait lite (eaten in six bites)
1 tsp peanut butter

Lunch: Porktopia
Slices Pepperoni, Toscano Salami
Goat & Sheep Cheese
Broccoli
Peppadew Peppers
Some More Eggs
1/2 Dragon Stick

Dinner: Chinese Take-away
Chilean Sea Bass (must I remind you: Patagonian Toothfish)
Shrimp, Avocado, Tomato & Onion
1 Beef Teryaki Stick

Not feeling especially bullish on the whole weigh-in tomorrow, but on the plus side, shorts that Emily and I bought just six weeks ago now officially will not stay up on me without a belt. I appeared like one of those hip youngsters with the pants hanging way down low, except that I was neither young nor hip. But I did resolve never to go out without a belt again. Even my swim trunks were not staying on me. So that's something. We'll see what Detecto has to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much luck with Detecto. Remember everything is not reflected in the numbers but in the life style changes that you have made which ARE GREAT! Love, MOM