Thursday, June 23, 2005

Day 115: Are You Still Reading This?

Another weird day. My horoscope (though I don't often read it) proclaimed that I would be "emotional and one sided." We were up and early to get to the car to the dealer, and when I arrived (on time) and settled in, I realized my computer had no battery and promptly shut down as I was accessing the free wireless network. Feeling emotional and one-sided, I started my snack at 9:21 (mixed nuts) followed by the cheese stick (9:35). There wasn't much to do but read the Wall Street Journal which I did, which featured a story about how General Mills is going to advertise sugary cereals for kids are good for them. There's more to the story, but that's the gist. En route to work I stopped at Wild Basil, a new prepared foods place in Newtonville. I got what I thought was a lot of food— a 1/2 pound of balsamic string beans with feta and dried apricots and a little more than 1/4 pound of balsamic chicken with red & yellow peppers and olives. I started eating at 11:50ish. And wouldn't you know it, I was hungry again before too long. To top it off, there was yet another (not as) brisk Domania walk, that made me RAVENOUS when I came back to the office, forcing me to eat 15 almonds and ANOTHER cheese stick. Sheesh.

Breakfast
Mastemecher Bread
1.5 Tsps Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
Coffee (Dunkin Donuts Medium, 1/2 Decaf)
1/4 Cup Mixed, Unsalted Nuts
2 Cheese Sticks
6 Oz. Lite Yoplait
15 Almonds

Lunch
1/2 Lb Balsamic String Beans with Feta, Dried Apricots
1/4+ lb Balsamic Chicken with Yellow/Red Peppers and Olives

Dinner
Chicken Breast atop Greek Salad
1 Hard Boiled Egg

Yes, I was hungry, and did not want to stop eating. Tomorrow is a road trip and in previous years, going West to Emily's sister meant a full-out yummy eatfest. But I suppose this year it will be a SoBe fest (except for Ruby, who will eat her weight in ice cream). In any case, on the road means 'en garde.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear en garde.....wishing you a safe and happy trip....into the jungle of tempting food. Hope it goes well. Love, MOM

P.S. Yes, I'm still reading the blog...it's wonderful!