Sunday, June 19, 2005

Day 111: The Day After

Most days after poker I am obviously slow to get up. Sitting in a room full of cigar smoke and and eating for five hours straight, plus staying up late is not exactly a recipe for greeting the day with a smile. Always though (and Father's Day is no exception) Ruby beckons me between 7 and 8. This is usually not to early, but after Poker it can be tough. However, the SoBe diet believe it or not, has made it somewhat easier to get up and out, and this morning Emily wanted me to take Magnolia, so the three of us set out for a few errands so she could get some shut-eye. When we got back, I insisted that Ruby and I go to the strawberry festival and we lit out. It is fortunate for me that I find the concoction they make there (biscuit, strawberries in sauce, whipped cram) unfathomably uninteresting, so it was easy to skip. However, just pik'd strawberries have turned out to be my weakness, so I did probably double my proper intake there. It did feel like a big eating day, as you will be able to tell from the menu below.



Breakfast
6 oz yoplait yogurt
1 Cup strawberries
15 Almonds (unsalted)
Tea

Lunch
2 Eggs Over Easy
2.5 Strips Turkey Bacon (Oscar Meyer, Not Jennie-O)
Salad of Broccoli, Peppadew, Cauliflower, Snow Peas.
1 Cheese Stick
Coke Zero (it tastes different enough from Diet Coke, surprisingly. I liked it)

Snack
Mas Strawberries
2 Slices Ham
1/2 Cheese Stick (split with Magnolia)
Pickles
30 Pistachios

Dinner
Salad with Lettuce, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Snow Peas, Scallions
1 Slice Ham
Brisket

On reflection, it probably wasn't so big an eating day, except that I had my snack for Breakfast and my breakfast for lunch, so I was thrown off some. Since I had my snack for breakfast, I had to have another snack for snack, and by dinner I wasn't sure what I had had. Since I had had almonds for breakfast (lower in calories than Grape-Nuts) I resisted dipping into the nuts and stuck to my old phase one- nut counting ways and went with the 30 pistachios. Tomorrow, the gym.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, glad to see you are up and posting. The Poker Game is obviously a really tough go. I think it's wise to take snacks with you. Fresh Strawberries on the other hand....are very hard to resist and probably good for you. Routing for you from New York. Love, MOM
P.S. Happy, healthy and producive Father's Day. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi, glad to see you are up and posting. The Poker Game is obviously a really tough go. I think it's wise to take snacks with you. Fresh Strawberries on the other hand....are very hard to resist and probably good for you. Routing for you from New York. Love, MOM
P.S. Happy, healthy and producive Father's Day. Love, MOM