Thursday, June 23, 2005

Day 116: A SoBe DisasterDay

Because I knew we would be on the road and probably not eating properly, I tried to have a bigger than average breakfast of three eggs (one yolk broke, i threw it out and broke the next yolk) and 2.5 bacons strips. That was at 8:30am-by 11:00am when it looked like we were ready to leave, I figured I better eat something else because this was my last chance. Overall I thought I was doing very well, but when we got to NY, we played tennis got really hungry, and then devoured a table full of SoBe no-nos: soprasetta, sausage, blue cheese, turkey thighs and more. Felt like I went off the deep end; but maybe if we can get some more tennis in tomorrow it will be OK.

Breakfast
3 Eggs: 2 successfully over easy, 1 broken
2.5 Strips Louis Rich Turkey Bacon
Tea

Pre-On the Road Snack
1 Slice Mastemacher Bread
1 Tsp Peanut Butter
8 Oz coffee

On the Road, Official
1/4 cup mixed unsalted nuts
6 oz yoplait light
1 joy stick
1 granny smith apple
Several Handfuls of Salted Peanuts

@ Jane's
70% meat of one small chicken breast
cabbage slaw
white bean salad

Dinner
4 Slices Sausage, Soprasetta
3 chunks blue cheese
3 Slices of Ham
Tilapia Wraps (just the insides)
8 Strawberries (just fantastic)
1/2 Turkey Thigh
Ungodly amount of Provolone
roasted squash, peppers and onions mix

It's good that we played about 90 minutes of tennis that helped (maybe) raise my metabolism a bit. In Emily's sister's bathroom there is a scale, and at night, after dinner, with clothes on, I weighed myself. 192. I asked her how far her scale is off: she said "it's a good six pounds less than the gym scale." Even at 7 lbs, that could be good.

The bottom line is that when in a program, a diet, as in life, you have to make choices. And you can't really determine the properness/correctness of that choice until a few choices later. In retrospect, if I had packed a lunch or thought I was going to have lunch we arrived, I would have been better off than if I had tried to pass off all my snacks as lunch. Well, tomorrow is another day.

No comments: