Friday, June 03, 2005

96 Tears

Just like on any diet, you always feel good if you can have an 'in control' day following a 'not-so in-control day.' Today I was thinking about how, about six months ago, a friend of mine who doesn't see me very often asked if I had lost weight. Of course I hadn't, and I said so, but he replied "you look like you lost weight." I was kind of happy about being told I look good (more evidence that Dale Carnegie was a genius) but I KNEW THAT I HAD NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT. I sort of thought to myself 'maybe I am a bit slimmer.' It's sad to know that you can mislead yourself into thinking something you might want to think even though you know it isn't true. Reflecting on that, I know now that I feel good because I have lost weight, and I am not misled into thinking that that's what this about. It's not about looking good. It's about feeling good and doing something for myself. For the longest time I thought that eating whatever I wanted was what I did for myself. Now I know it's the opposite.

Breakfast
6 oz. Lite Peach Yoplait Yogurt
1 Cup Cantaloupe and Strawberries
Tea

Snack
12 oz coffee (1/2 decaf)
1/4 Cup Lightly Salted Nuts
1 Cheese Stick
1 Granny Smith Apple

Lunch
Sashimi—Tuna, Salmon, Whitefish & Octopus
Shredded Radish
Pickled Ginger
Salad
Miso Soup

Dinner: A Mish-Mash
4 Slices of Turkey
2 Teaspoons of Tuna Salad
1 Bite of Steamed Soft-Shell Crab
2 Teriyaki beef sticks
1 Red Leaf Salad with Red Onions, Feta and Carrots

I went for a walk today at lunch with the fastest walker. I could tell immediately that this was a different pace than I walk at by myself or with the group. It was fast. I worked up a sweat. Besides the fact that it was in the 70s, we thought we might walk to the Chinese restaurant on California street, so instead of hugging the river, we walked down the street, but we eschewed that for the Japanese restaurant instead. The walk was about 10 minutes longer than usual, so all in all it was a great SoBe day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the best thing about this eating program is that you are in control....what better feeling can there be? Love it! Love reading about it. MOM