Saturday, June 18, 2005

Day 110: Yet Another Poker Game

Facing the prospect of another card game, I once again try to plan out what I'm going to eat in the day. Early on, I lose the battle by ravenously attacking my 1/4 cup of nuts as soon as I get to the office. Later, I lose the battle by not being able to think too much about lunch as I chose walking over a leisurely H2Otown lunch. The lunch from Panera was fine, though uninspired. When I got home before the game I had a yogurt, just so I wouldn't go crazy at the game, but alas, being around five men who will eat anything always gets the best of me. I didn't eat anything non-sobe, I just ate so much more of it. We did go for a brisk Domania walk today, though, so maybe I got the metabolism thing going for me today.

Breakfast
Eggs, TB & Tea (you know by now, don't you?)

Snack
12 oz coffee
1/4 Cup Mixed, Unsalted Nuts
6 oz yoplait blueberry "lite" yogurt
16 oz diet coke

Lunch
Greek Salad with Chicken

Poker Snacks
Olives
Peppadews (http://www.peppadew.com/webroot/america/america_born%20wild.htm)
12 Pepperoni Slices
2 Cheese Slice
1 Cheese Stick
Ass't Nuts (probably about a cup)
Pickles (if you like Pickles, you owe it to yourself to visit http://bubbies.com/dills.shtml)

Dinner (can you believe there's still dinner?)
Steak Tips
Swedish Meatballs (though not so Swedish, really)
Chik'n Nuggets
Salad, Salad, Salad

You can't read the above list with anything but jaw-dropping alarm, but the truth is, when you're losing, eating is a lot more tempting than when you are winning. I try to bring a lot of free foods (pickles, olives) but the other stuff (cheese, nuts) is just so darn appealing. Then the protein comes out, but it's all quite small. Each steak tip is like half the size of a halloween mini chocolate, so you eat quite a few of them. But I always take the most salad. No matter what, I NEVER EVER feel as bad as I used to when my poker diet consisted of chips, chips, chips, sugary soda, subs and lots of dessert (I can hardly believe it myself). Even as a group it's clear that we eat less of that stuff— we probably can skip the trips to Costco and just get a few 'big grabs.' For me, this is probably the loosest I ever get on the diet. Until July...

No comments: