Thursday, October 27, 2005

Day 241—Q: How Do You Find Your Place in This World?

A: Look for it.

I'm not sure how my whole neighborhood thing is going to play out, but after yesterday, when all of my neighbors appeared on the unbelievably minor Needham TV access channel there has been a lot of 'traction' about the whole story of a luxury apartment 5 times the size of my neighborhood going up behind my house. To the degree that a single 25-Watt bulb can be called 'a spotlight' we are in the spotlight, and it feels very exciting to be part of the local political machine, even if I'm the part that gets chewed up and spit out. I haven't yet seen myself on TV but as Emily noted "it's probably good that you lost that weight."


Breakfast
2 Eggs over Easy
2 strips turkey bacon
2 oz cheddar cheese
Tea

Snack
50% of 1/2 of a whole-wheat english muffin with peanut butter
1/4 cup almonds/cashews+8 almonds
2 apricots
1 Apple (Cameo?)

Lunch
Tuna salad over greens, olives, tomatoes, balsamic dressing

Dinner
Chicken Breast a la Emily
Snap Peas
Smidgen of Pulled Pork & 1 Rib from Blue Ribbon

Today was also Ruby's first public school Parent-teach conference. Everything went well, and they said she is "well-liked", which is not like being "a man of respect" or "a friend of ours" but still worth noting.

1 comment:

Mom said...

HI, I don't understand your other blog responses but I imagine people just flip through these things. Great about the community activity! I hope you and your neighbors are effective. It's hard to fight big money. Love, MOM