Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Day 226: Detecto Says "196"....Yawn.

Today was my 13th wedding anniversary. It really is amazing to be married 13 years—it seems like a lot of years, but in fact it sped by like a bullet. This has been a year of many landmark ages. My dad turned 70, I turned 40, my daughters turned 5 and 1, and my wife will be 40 in November. Aside from the damage done to my ears by the iPod, I think I'm in the best shape of my life. The terrific non-stop rainfall continues to depress New England, and today I seemed to be on the receiving end of a lot of unintentional carbs. But since I got weighed in this morning (and on scale #2, not #4) I realized that if I can maintain this weight for a few more months (it's been three months give or take) than I can definitely get down to 185 if I really concentrate. Though heading into the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's zone, I'll be happy to get out of this year at the same weight.

Breakfast
Mastmacher Bread (the last slice)
Peanut Butter
3 slices ham
Tea

Snack
Coffee (12 oz, half decaf)
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
8 dried apricots
1 granny smith apple

Lunch (Chinese)
Wonton Soup (with wontons)
Beef with Celery (Very SoBe)
Schezuan Chicken (Not Very SoBe)

Dinner
Chicken Livers (dredged in flour)
Sauteed Spinach

We determined that since we're having a birthday party for Magnolia in NY this weekend, taking ourselves out for dinner was an unnecessary extravagance. As a result, we stayed home to eat 'what was in the fridge.' For lunch I unknowingly ordered something that was deep fried and in a gloopy sauce; for dinner I actually knowingly ate something with white flour. All I could do was think "tomorrow I'm going to eat more vegetables."

2 comments:

deutschzilla said...

Wake up and celebrate for 27 more minutes.

Mom said...

I know it's frustrating to be at the same weight...but hold fast...if you stay with it you will lose more weight. The exercise piece as you kmow is really important. Maybe you're eating a bit more in advance of a day of fasting. Again happy and healthy New Year to all and a Happy Anniversary! Love, MOM