Sunday, October 23, 2005

237: Better Get Back to the Gym

Saturday after the poker game can be brutal, because many times I can't get to sleep before 3AM. This sounds horrifying to people, especially if you have kids who will awaken you at 7AM (which is what happened). At those moments I am praying for the day when Ruby will silently sneak downstairs, trying not to wake me or her sister, so she can watch her TV shows and eat all the sugar cereal (even if it is whole-wheat). This day was no different and as a result of being tired, it makes it harder to avoid mindless snacking and even harder to remember what kind of mindless snacking you did.

Breakfast (approx 10:30am)
Whole Wheat English Muffin
Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
Cracker barrel cheese stick
Olives
Peppadews

Lunch
Salad with Grilled Chicken

Dinner
Steak tips
Peppadews
Greek Salad

My sister in law procured for me a massive, two-quart bag of peppadews. It was one of those fantastic gifts that beside being something I wanted had an air of serendipity to it—I had been to Whole Foods prior to the game and they were SOLD OUT of peppadews. They sell them in the jar (not fresh) but I forgot to check that aisle, and left peppadew-less.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad you got the stash of peppadews. Would you believe that The Poultry Mart carries them now....fresh! So I'm supplied as well. I got the 5th season of the West Wing on e-bay..only it's from the Phillipines and doesn't play on a regular DVD player....I was worried it wouldn't be in English. It is and fortunately it plays on my computer. Not exactly what I had in mind...but it will do. Love, MOM