Saturday, October 22, 2005

Day 236: A Poker Game

Of course even when I was eating at my worst, and poker games were an excuse for carb-loading sugar shocks, I still always tried to watch what I ate. This usually meant a salad for lunch; and a salad at the game with no dressing. However, since I would engage in ritual shameless overeating (and it was fun) these few conceits really didn't matter much. These days I know I should have a protein breakfast (as opposed to carbs) and avoid all nut-snacks, since they are obviously the easiest snack to consume at the card game. I also make sure I have salad for lunch (though today I didn't), and basically try to keep the diet intact.

Breakfast
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
2 Eggs Scrambled
Tea

Snack
12 Turkish Apricots
12 oz. Coffee (half decaf)
1 Fuji apple

Lunch
Miso Soup
Japanese Salad
Sashimi: Octopus, Yellowtail, Tuna, Salmon

Poker Game/Dinner/Snack:
Salami Slices
1 Cracker Barrel Cheese Stick
Olives
Pickles
Peppadews
Deli Meats: Corned Beef (4 Slices) Roast Beef (1 Slice) Turkey 2 Slices
3 Slices Muenster cheese
Half Sour Pickles
~1 cup Almonds/Cashews
Cole Slaw

In general, the poker game has felt the effects of SoBe—we went from consuming fully three bags of chips (Doritos 3-Ds, Fritos and Funyons) plus cheese, plus dinner, plus dessert, PLUS all those sugary drinks (like Snapple) AND Beer to a more carb free lifestyle. There's maybe one six-pack of beer; we mostly drink water and diet sodas. We only opened up one bag of chips tonight and it went unfinished. The entire poker game did, as you would expect, devoured all the nut mix I brought. Sigh. I tell you, people love nuts. No matter where I go traveling, people are wanting to eat them all up. That is why I have had to take to hiding them. But that's for another blog entry. For the record, I won about twenty bucks.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good for you. You've been such a positive influence on everyone around you...even the poker players! So what's a few nuts between friends? Love, MOM