Saturday, October 15, 2005

Day 229: Atonement. Check. Party Planning. Check

When you have a new beginning, you should be careful! I choose to throw caution to the wind and start the morning with a few nuts. As the day goes on, I have consumed more than my combined daughters' weight in nuts, and so the new year is very much like the old year. But at least there's no rugelach or challah.

Breakfast 6 oz lite yogurt
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
1 c. strawberries
tea

Snack
Nuts-a-plenty
2 cheese sticks
.5 fuji apple
a few olives
2 coke zero(s)

Lunch
Greek Salad

Dinner
Chicken Soup (Celery, Carrot, Onion)
Salad

unintentional eating (but it counts)
1. bite of Magnolia's Challah french toast
2. a bite of a pletzel from Zabar's
3. a few noodles of shells and cheese

Dessert
3 Dried apricots

What is not revealed here is that I a make the dinner with Emily's sister, and so was eating every part of it along the way. Chicken, carrots, celery, the whole bit. I was heavily craving dessert, but I willed it away.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad to see you are back to blogging. Cooking with love...of the people you are cooking for and the food itself..... what could be better....and more tempting? All in all, I think you were great to manage as you did surrounded by such temptation. Love, MOM