Friday, October 07, 2005

Day 221: Raising Cain and Abel Eaters

Very often dinner, and blog-writing time is the time I think about how I could eat more vegetables. Right now it's amazing that Magnolia will eat nearly anything (which if you've ever had to feed a one year old, you know is rare). I think to myself "she'll learn to eat as we eat now—low carbs, high protein, vegetables." Meanwhile, Ruby grew up with both of us eating the old way, which resonates strongly with the 'big six' children's entrees: spaghetti and red sauce; hot dogs; hamburgers; chicken nuggets, pizza and mac and cheese. (You can add grilled cheese if you're spoiling for a fight). Maybe five years or so of eating with fish and vegetable eaters might eventually have an effect. We can only hope.

Breakfast
1 Slice Mastmacher Bread
Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
1 oz Peanuts
8 Apricots

Lunch
Shredded Pork
Sliced Celery, Cabbage and Peppers

Dinner
Steak Tips
String Beans
Sauteed Onions and Peppers

Thursdays are most often a relief. Sure, everyone says Wednesday is 'hump day' but on Thursday you can really see the weekend in sharp focus. It isn't that I have any plans for the weekend, it's just that as Americans, we're trained to work for the weekend. And I for one, am lucky that I love to be with my family.

No comments: