Monday, October 10, 2005

Day 225: Columbus Day

Today it was raining, and everybody everywhere (that I could make out) was getting tired and grumpy. So there was no walk, and very little energy. A lot of stuff was closed, and it's actually very infrequent that I ever work on Columbus Day, because I usually take the day off to celebrate my wedding anniversary with my wife (though this year it's actually on Tuesday, which is tomorrow, if you're reading this on Monday). A bright spot was when Ruby & Emily came to visit. Ruby really only had eyes for the Peanut M & Ms that were on my desk (they came from Angie's List, I didn't buy them)!.

Breakfast
Mastemacher Bread
Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
Coffee (12 oz, Half Decaf)
1/4 cup Almonds/Cashews
8 Dried Apricots
1 Granny Smith Apple

Lunch
Ham & Cheese Rollmops
1 Heart Romaine
Olives

Dinner
Rainbow Trout a la Emily
Green Beans with Melted Cheese

Again, I apologize to readers who are tired of me having the same breakfast every day. It is so hard to be inventive, from a diet perspective. I tried to have a glass of wine with dinner but it was week-old and cold (and red) and didn't hold up very well. What can I expect though, when the cork was gone missing. I'm sorry I didn't get to tell you about my damaged hearing (iPod) and the email from my ex-Ed Humor friend (Derek). More on that tomorrow.

4 comments:

deutschzilla said...

Happy anniversary. I'm glad you celebrate this day with your wife.
Keep on dieting... and trucking

Mom said...

It's raining here too. Where we are "it's raining all the time." It was a delightful evening of Sondheim with just splendid voices...Sweeney Todd is really an opera...and like most operas the book isn't the center of the thing. I hope it does well. Happy Anniversary! I think today (the llth) is when you are supposed to have the wine. Probably a new bottle would be a good idea...or an old one with a cork. But you know that. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I'm leffing at David's comment. I'm leffing, I'm leffing.

Lurleen

Anonymous said...

I tell ya, that's just the kind of thing that WOULD make Aileen leff. Sheesh. Like there's anything funny about a Keep On Truckin' allusion.....

But I'm glad you celebrate this day with your wife, too.