Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Day 232: Back to Life, Back to Reality

After a weekend of G-d knows what, I am determined to get back to work after missing two days; getting back to physical activity after being still; and getting back to watching what I'm eating after a weekend of eating pound cake and rugelach. I decide to try and phase one it. I succeed for today—except for dinner.

Breakfast
2 Eggs, Over Hard
Melted with Cheddar Cheese

Lunch
Popeye Salad (From Strip T-s)
Spinach, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Poached Chicken
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
Coke Zero

Snacks
1/4 cup Almonds, Cashews
1 Fuji Apple

Dinner
Breast of Chicken
Broccoli

Post-Dinner Grazing
1/4 cup Almonds/Cashews
~5 California Apricot Slabs

Amazingly, I order Chicken Breast "with rice and beans" at dinner. I ask if it can be "more beans than rice." Emily suggests I get no rice at all. The waiter comes back after our order to say that 'it is how it is," meaning we'll take what we get. Fine, I think, I don't care how much rice vs. beans I'm going to get. I've gotten to used to ignoring food. When the food comes, it's six beans and a plate of rice. I bring this to the attention of our waiter who says "it's premixed." Really, I was at a loss for words. I ate one french fry of Ruby's but managed to skip the ice cream place next door when we went for dessert. (It was JP Licks, not Cold Stone, for those who were wondering). When I got home, I was still hungry. So, again with the nuts.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You on the road again and you'll get there. Love, MOM

Mom said...

You on the road again and you'll get there. Love, MOM