Saturday, October 08, 2005

Day 222: The Notorious C.A.B.B.A.G.E.

I kid you not, this was the headline from today's South Beach Email: "Ending Embarrassing Gas."

Then it went on to say: "Some people experience an increase in gas when starting a new diet. While not a symptom of any serious condition, gas can be uncomfortable and embarrassing. Here are a few ways to cut down on gas:
• Reduce sugar alcohol intake. One of the unfortunate side effects of sugar alcohol consumption is excessive gas production. Since sugar alcohols are found in a variety of sugar-free foods, it's very likely that they are the cause of your troubles. •
• Reduce gas-producing foods. If time doesn't correct the problem, you may need to identify and reduce problem foods. Beans, cauliflower, and cabbage are notorious gas producers. Try cutting back on the number of daily servings of each of these foods.
There's more, but we can only use up so much space today. Amazingly, I had cabbage for dinner.

Breakfast
1 Slice Mastmacher Bread
Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
1 Medium Dunkin Donuts coffee
1 joy stick
2 oz salted peanuts
8 dried apricots
6 oz lite yogurt
~30 Cashews

Lunch
Steamed Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
Beef with Peppers in Black Bean Sauce

Dinner
Schezuan Shrimp with Cabbage

Because I went for a brisk Domania walk today, I felt I could have a few more things to eat today. That probably isn't helping my desire my weight loss, but it's not hurting either. On the way home I picked up a massive container of cashews from Marty's liquors and THEY WERE AWFUL. For some reason, mostly hunger, and being trapped in the car, I kept eating them. That was sad. I've learned my lesson. Only Whole Foods cashews from now on.

2 comments:

Mom said...

HI, Good to see your blog...as I keep repeating. it's like talking with you every day. I think you are right about Magnolia learning to eat when you an Em were in a better olace but Ruby will catch up. She's a fine size anyway. She has learned the invaluable lesson of stopping when she is full. LOVE, MOM

deutschzilla said...

Why is mom up at 4:21 am?