Monday, July 31, 2006

Year 2, Day 152: Biathalon

Though it was tough to return to work after a 48-hour marathon of unmedicated travel, things started looking up when Emily's tennis date cancelled and she invited me to sub in. This involves leaving work a tad early, but I got there by 5:30. She took the first set 6-0, but I came back to win the second set 7-6. We played outside, which was a first for us this season, as we had been playing indoors at the Wellbridge club down the road. The air was heavy and it was humid, but it was probably the best day to play this week, since it looks to break 100 (or at least feel like it) for the next few days in Boston and the Northeast. Yucch.

Breakfast
1.5 Cups Kashi Go Lean/Heritage Flakes
1 Small Banana
Blueberries
Unsweetened Soy Milk

Lunch: Russo's
Red leaf, red pepper, red onion
olives, feta, broccoli, chicken, balsamic vinegar

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
6 Rainer Cherries

Dinner
Chicken Cutlet
Cabbage Slaw (Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Onion, Red Pepper, Almonds)

After tennis Emily and I usually go out for dinner but there wasn't time tonight so Emily split and I stayed to swim. I swam three laps today, which is my standard, but I am by no means yet "a swimmer" or someone who can swim three laps easily. I even tried to mix it up a little, but by the last half of the third lap I thought the lifeguard was going to have to rescue me because my legs had stopped working and I didn't think I could move my arms. It was hard, but very refreshing. Then I came home and ate a pound and a half of salad. The temptation for me is to eat A LOT right after exercise but I realize to gain the benefit of weight loss you have to limit yourself to a reasonable amount. This is always challenging, since I think I have perfected the art of eating a lot before my stomach knows it's full.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It sounds like your tennis gameis really improving. Great! And your swimming....and it even sounds like your back with the eating plan. Love, MOM