Friday, July 21, 2006

Year 2, Day 142: Birthday


Today was my birthday. 41 years old. Yikes. I decided not to weigh myself this week, as it promises to be an eat fest, and I don't need the aggravation. I am going to stick to the once-a-month weight in and not make myself crazy. That is a birthday present I will give to myself.

Breakfast
1 Cup Kashi Go Lean/Heritage Flakes
1 Small Banana with some blueberries
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
Tea

Lunch
Chicken Cutlets
Peppadews
Cauliflower
Avocado

Post Tennis Snack
4-5 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
2 Wassa Crackers (Like Rye Vita but with less taste and more carboard-y)
3 large handfuls of almonds/cashews
1 joystick

Dinner
2 slices corned beef
2 slices pastrami
chicken breast
4 slices sashimi tuna
cole slaw
green salad
pickle
sour tomato

Dessert
1 bowl of raspberry sorbet

After-dinner drink
2 oz. knob creek whiskey

Because of the big party for Ruby tomorrow, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law drove in from New York and within minutes of their arrival we had lunch and headed out to the tennis courts. I lost my one set against Emily's sister, 6-4, and Emily and I played doubles against them and lost a the set 6-3. When we got back home we were all hungry and ate a lot of snacks (as you can see above). My mother also came up and brought with her the best food in the world (corned beef and pastrami from New York as well as a whole chicken). It's a throw-your-hands-up kind of night of eating, and I just surrendered and went with the flow. Tomorrow will be another whole kind of thing.

2 comments:

Don in CA said...

Happy Birthday Robert! from all of us, including Dara, Deborah, Isaiah and Deanna, who's here for a day or two.
Barabra---next time you come to SD we will be expecting pastrami and corned beef! Love from the entire gang....d/nqpukshl

Mom said...

Hi, (re Don's comments) It's what I do best. What you don't want the chicken? Happy Birthday Robert! You look terrific. Nice to be there to help you celebrate. Love, MOM