Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Year 2, Day 126: Detecto says "187"

Let's just call a spade a spade. I have gained about four pounds since last weigh in. There are really only two words that need to be said. Peanut Butter. That's it. Peanut Butter. Peanut Butter. Peanut Butter. I am addict. I must kick it. By now it is not unfamiliar to come to this place. After a few weeks or months of losing, the recidivism. I've gotten to the point where it's not the end of the world, though it is still dissapointing. I know two things (aside from Peanut Butter) that start to happen prior to a weight gain or slippage. One, I start bringing more carbs back into my diet. Two, I start to allow myself bigger portions. Why just the other morning I was starting to question why I felt it was OK to have two cups of cereal in the morning. Answer: it's not. Probably getting weighed after a few days of wine and ice cream wasn't the brightest idea either.

Breakfast
1 Cup Kashi Go Lean
1 Cup heritage flakes
1 cup strawberries/blueberries
1 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk

Snack
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno cheddar
4 sticks celery, 2 tablespoons super chunky peanut butter

Lunch:
Grecian Chicken (yogurt & garlic)
mediterannean salad: tomato & cucumber and parsley leaves

Dinner
Poached chicken breast
broccoli and peppadews

Dessert
1 Peanut Butter nip

On the plus side, I feel good about my physical activity. I've been able to do five miles on the elliptical in under 50 minutes and that's good. I've felt good on the tennis court, and that's good. Now if I could only get to doing those situps every day, I'd really be onto something. Also, I know that I've got to both vary my diet (having the same exact snack every day is a no-no); I've got to get back to watching the carbs, and I've got be hungry more. I've really been going without that part, and you've got to be hungry if you want to stay slim. At least I have to.

2 comments:

Mom said...

THe exercise part is wonderful. As you have learned by now watching what you eat is a lifetime thing....but enjoying food moments with kids and friends are important too. Getting back on the saddle is really hard. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Maybe its time to do your body fat percentage/BMI? You are very likely putting on muscle and that is heavier than fat- or so I am told. Its another benchmark to track over time and equally as rewarding as weight loss.