Monday, July 24, 2006

Year 2, Day 145: Last Night in Boston

I was originally going to take this Monday off, since the weekend spent hosting relatives and birthday parties is usually enough to take the literal wind out of one's sails. However, I am scheduled to fly to Charlotte on Tuesday and this means that I cannot miss more work. So it's back to class, back to books, back to giving those teachers dirty looks.

Breakfast
1 Cup Heritage Flakes
1 Cup Blueberries
1 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 Joy Stick
12 oz Coffee (half decaf)

Lunch: Russo's $5.56

Dinner:
Left over rotisserie turkey
peppadews
pickles
red leaf/green leaf salad with balsamic vinaigrette

Dessert
2 bites raspberry sorbet
2 nips

After days and days of big, calorie-laden, yummy and prepared dinner, Monday was a night of leftovers, a rather unspectacular send off to my next flight. I have been allowing dessert to creep into my life, which is both a natural outgrowth of allowing sugar into my life (because sugar demands you eat more of it and it's a hard habit to break) and because of my natural and well-described anxiety about having to leave home, lest of all getting on a plane to the South during the summer. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You certainly did more than your share of flying this weekend. But nothing will equal Ruby, after her first plane trip ever....riding in the car to Philadephia with us singing at the top of her lungs..."I'm Flying" from Peter Pan. Wonderful. Love, MOM