Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Year 2, Day 139: More Work, Heat

Since there are still incredible strawberries trickling in, I feel that I need to eat them. You can tell them from the mediocre strawberries as they usually come unlabeled in a green cardboard or slightly wooden-looking basket. The Driscoll strawberries are OK, but they aren't real 'fresh-picked' strawberries.

Breakfast
1 Cup Kashi Go Lean/Heritage Flakes
1 Cup Strawberries/Blueberries
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk

Snack
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1.5 Oz Boston Lite Popcorn
10 salted almonds

Lunch: Russo's ($4.94)
Red leaf, red onion, red pepper
feta, chick peas, broccoli, mushrooms
tuna, balsamic vinegar

Dinner:
Grey Sole
Bok Choy

Like my sister-in-law Amy, I have decided to forgo olive oil everywhere I can. I have switched off of it to make eggs, and I have been having my salads with straight balsamic vinegar. Though I can't always use her wonderful balsamic, I am happy to get rid of the olive oil. At 120 calories per teaspoon, it's in my best interest.

No comments: