Friday, February 24, 2006

Day 362: More No-Snacking

Except for the news in the title, there wasn't much to report today. I had planned to have lunch downtown with a friend, but something came up on his side at the last minute, so it got canceled. I had eaten light in preparation so when it came time for lunch it was a whopping big salad—breaking the standard ranks by about a dollar. Then, I thought I wouldn't eat it, but I did, which reminds me (and all who read this) that if you're like me, you're likely to eat everything on your plate. SO DON'T PUT IT ON YOUR PLATE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO EAT IT.

Breakfast
2 Small slices Balthazar multi-grain bread
4 slices of ham
2.5 oz. 50% jalapeno cheddar
tea

Snack
12 oz. coffee (half decaf)

Lunch: Russo's ($5.72)
Red Leaf, Red Onion, Red Peppers
Broccoli, Feta, Grilled Chicken

Dinner: Bernard's
Spare Ribs
Emily's Leeks
Broccoli
Shrimp
Chilean Sea Bass
Salad

Whenever Emily's sister and her family are over, there is always a LOT more vegetables, and often salad, on the table than at any other time. Tonight was no exception. How many other families do you know that have an entree portion of salad in addition to a Chinese take-out meal? Though I know Ribs and such are not 'proper' SoBe food, I indulged anyway, and I LOVED IT.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad to see the blog up and running ....good advice about what you put on your plate. When is the next visit with Mr. Detecto? Love, MOM