Friday, February 17, 2006

Day 355: 10 Days to Go

Today was actually a big eating day. I didn't think it would be, since I was sick and just not feeling like I had a lot of appetite. I knew it might be a hard day when I realized we had run out of Balthazar bread. Quelle desperation! However, I knew my Mom was coming with a shopping bag full! You've got to admire that woman, she is truly supportive.

Breakfast
1 Whole Wheat English Muffin
1 slice Ham
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Tea

Snack
Medium Dunkin Donuts Coffee (half Decaf)
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
2 Tblspns Peanut Butter

Lunch: Sushi 21
1 Gyoza
2 Steamed Shumai
1 Miso Soup
Salad
Sliced Sirloin Steak

Dinner
Emily's Asian Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
2 Glasses Yellow Tail Cabernet Merlot

And once again, Emily makes an incredible dinner, which is as good if not better than most restaurants. When I was the cook of the house, she used to analyze the meal and then come out with a price, such as "I would pay 7.99 for this in a restaurant." And now the shoe's on the other foot, as it is I playing the Phantom Gourmet. But the truth is, she's a much better cook than I. I was only a master of the 'low arts' of Grilled Cheese, Hamburger, Eggs and the occasional Caesar salad from scratch. But all of those things seems so 90s right now.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I arrived with the Balthazar bread thank goodness. I can testify to Emily's wonderful low fat cooking. She's amazing. I continue to be impressed with the way you have changed your life. It's inspiring. Love, MOM