Monday, February 06, 2006

Day 344: Back to Work

Not exactly 100%, I know it's time to get back to work. I have used up good will slack in work and sick time in the last two weeks of my family's illness and funeral travel. Feeling that I am not contagious, I set off for work. It takes some doing, and except for a wrong-headed moment where I volunteered to get a co-worker's lunch (I had to wait a bit and a sub shop is not exactly where you want to wait when you're queasy) the day went fairly well. I started to get light-headed around 4:00pm and I knew I had to get home.

Breakfast
1 Slice Whole Foods White Bread, Plain
Tea with Honey

Snack
2 Small Slices Challah
Unsweetened Apple Sauce

Lunch
Banana
Vanilla Yogurt

Dinner
Breast of Chicken
1 Whole Wheat English Muffin

I really wanted to eat a lot today. Nearly everyone who knew I was sick said "but you'll be glad to lose the weight." I thought this was a sort of gallows humor I am glad people feel comfortable enough with me to suggest, and in fact, it's true. I'll always remember how I had my gall bladder out in 2003 and lost about 10 lbs. Then, instead of going with that, I decided it was time to spend two years eating every fried thing I could get my hands on. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad you got back to work today even though you're not %100. It sounds like you are on the mend. It is amazing how when one is sick...the appetite oftem goes away...to me demonstrating that the whole thing or a large part of it is chemical. Anyway love, MOM