Thursday, February 09, 2006

Day 347: The Truth About Balthazar Bread

Aileen (my original SoBe partner) is on South Beach again and we were emailing about Balthazar bread and she asked me if it had white flour in it. I thought I had determined that, but with my advanced age, I couldn't remember. Well, wouldn't you know it, she called up not one but two bakers at Balthazar till she wrung the truth about the bread from them. There is NO WHITE FLOUR in the Rye or Multi-Grain bread; however the raisin bread and regular bread is made with white flour. A big sigh—if I had to give that up, it could have really set me back. For those travelling to NY (http://www.balthazarny.com/home.html) or NJ, I highly recommend a visit for some bread (the cookies are good too).

Breafkast
1 Slice Balthazar Rye
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
2 Slices of Ham

Snack
1 Gala Apple (it was a little mealy)
Coffee
1 oz. Peanuts
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
2 Tbsps Super Chunky Peanut butter
1/4 cup Kashi Puffs

Lunch
Feta Omlette
Greek Salad
A Tiny Nib of a Pita Bread

Dinner
Stir-Fry Beef
String Beans

Today was definitely a more 'old me' day. Did I say I went for a walk on Tuesday? It was bitter cold but I did it anyway, because our fastest Domania walker was up for it. We had both been sort of 'winterized'- meaning stuck inside, not exercising, getting pasty and heavier, and not liking it. I realize that any kind of movement at all is vital to making me feel better, if not keeping the weight off. I did think about chocolate a lot today. It was just that kind of day.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thank goodness for Balthazar rye and multi-grain bread. Glad to know there is no white flour lurking inside. Thinking about chocolate is not the same as eating it. For more wise sayings wait until next weekend. Love, MOM