Friday, February 24, 2006

Day 361: Appetite Back

Fortunately for me, my sinus-cold is gone and I feel somewhat better. Unfortunately, it means that my appetite has returned. I was really looking forward to not snacking anymore; I thought it was the new me. Now I realize I was just sick. This also led me to the dentist with incredible tooth sensitivity; apparently, sinus issues are directly related to the 'upper molars'. The dentist x-rayed me, and joyfully, sent me home with now work.

Breakfast
2 Small slices Balthazar multi-grain bread
4 slices of ham
2.5 oz. 50% jalapeno cheddar
tea

Snack
12 oz. coffee (half decaf)
1 Pear
1/2 oz. Popcorn

Lunch:Anna's
Grilled Chicken Quesadilla
Guacamole, Salsa, Hot Sauce
Broccoli, Red Beans

Dinner
Emily's Trout Fish Fry (Sauteed)
Bok Choy
Sauteed Cabbage
Salad

On the way back from the dentist I had to quickly get something to eat; Anna's caught my eye. Though it is rare that I make a decision to eat some bread, sometimes it's just the right decision. Anna's, it must be said, is the greatest at what they do; the food is incredible, fresh, and cheap. The store on Harvard Ave doubled in size (they literally opened a mirror-image store next to the existing one, with an identical counter and room full of seats) and so the line moves quickly. If they don't have the best quesadillas in Boston, then I just don't know what. I know people who live closer to Mexico will balk, but it was worth eating the white-quesadilla wrapper for.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Being on an eating program doesn't mean that you never have to take advantage of the local situation. That's called total deprivation....and it doesn't work anyway. So glad you had the eating experience. Hope it doesn't upset your usual firm goals. Love, MOM

PS I went to bed early with my pain medication but slept my usual six hours. just the same....so here I am up and frisky at 6 AM. Love, again MOM