Monday, May 02, 2005

When I'm 64: Detecto Says "208"

Let the news ring thoughrout the land. I am at 208, having lost three more pounds on the way to my goal of 196. Only 12 pounds stand between me and victory, and I must get there is a mere 11 weeks. Will I make it? I'll need to lose a pound a week–or slightly better to do it. The weigh in on the week of July 23rd will tell the tale. I know it's not about the scale, but it's good to have measurable results. In 3lbs I'll be at the same weight I was 12 years ago at my brother's wedding—before I lost 30lbs on Weight Watchers. Well you can't call me a yo-yo dieter.

Breakfast
1 Cup All Bran Buds
1 Cup Strawberries
8 oz "Lite" Vanilla Yogurt

Snack-ums
1 Cheese Stick
15 Almonds
20 Peanuts
30 Pistachos
1 Granny Smith Apple
6 Dried Apricots

Lunch
Chicken K-Bob
Greek Salad

Dinner
90% Sirloin Burger
Fried Onions
Banana Peppers
Pickles
Asparagus

It does feel good to be winning the war against fat. And there's no doub that I feel better, (apparently) look better and am less discouraged. It's funny, but no matter how energetic you are, being heavy means you're less likely to do something that requires energy, like bend down to pick something up or shop for groceries, or play a game with your kid. WIth less on the bones, you feel like you actually have more energy. In a sad note though, I looked at pictures from Jill's party and I thought I looked heavy. Damn it! It's not that I don't think I look better, it's that I want to look thin. Has Hollywood finally gotten to me?

No comments: