Sunday, May 15, 2005

76 Trombones

Every Saturday is a chance to veer off into the diet wilderness. The day, as with the diet, starts with planning. Some days I have come close to not remembering everything I ate—I realize that when you can't keep track of everything that went in your mouth, you've stopped caring. So I sum up everything I might eat; and I make a mental note of everything I do eat. SoBe, unlike Weight Watchers does not specify portion size (except for a few things like Turkey Bacon) so that's a whole headache I don't concern myself with. There is a built-in "uh-oh" meter, that tells you if you're going to back for thirds of something, you've probably had enough.

Breakfast
1 Cup All-Bran/Grape Nuts mix
1/2 Cup Blueberries
3/4 Cup fat-free milk

Snack
1 Cheese Stick
30 Peanuts
6 oz "Lite" Vanilla YoPlait

Lunch
Roll Mop: Roast Beef, Turkey Swiss
Pickles
Salad: Romaine Lettuce

Dinner (Chinese)
2 Spare Ribs
1 Steak Teryaki
Eggplant with Garlic Sauce
Shrimp with Chinese Cucumber


Today's roll-mops were absolutely awful. I am totally off roast beef. I think I can only eat ham from now on. I think the less said on the topic, the better. Lastly, one of my best tricks for staying on the diet is to brush my teeth following dinner (en route to putting kids to bed). This does kill a lot of desire to snack, and that's when the urge creeps up on me. I have some licorice tea instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, It's so nice to read the daily blog...even if it's the next morning. I was so tired yesterday. I got up early to read for class....and Sam had fallen out of bed. Not hurt....just needed attention. I am full steam ahead on the nursing home plans. Will try to arrange it before July. I would like you to think about birthday plans....pictures and even Ruby's birthday. I need to know if you think you might venture to the area to see Spamalot. I'll babysit if need be. Keep up the great work! Love, MOM