Wednesday, May 11, 2005

73 Days of the Condor

I talk a lot about what the 'hardest part' of this or that day is, but one of the overall hardest things on the diet (or way of life) is to not try new things. After I hit my goal weight, I may go back to my trailblazing ways, but until then I have resisted trying all kinds of things that I would love, from Crawfish Monica to different types of Pizza. I must be careful because in my opinion, that's how I got to be overweight in the first place—a desire to eat one of everything on the planet.

Breakfast
2 Slices "When Pigs Fly" Low Carb, Whole-Wheat Bread
2 Tsps Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
6 oz. Vanilla Yoplait Yogurt
15 Almonds
20 Peanuts
5 Slices of Jarlsberg "Lite"
1 coffee nip

Lunch (Split)
Pork with Shredded Cabbage and Peppers
Sliced Chicken with Spinach

Dinner
Ribs
Greek Salad
Sugar Snap Peas

Clothes 'recidivism.' I am slowly getting rid of clothes that no longer fit and that are truly, just awful. Even though I am enjoying my new chapter of life as a clothes-horse, I do occasionally long for the t-shirt, sweatshirt and jeans. The combination of spring and new clothes has meant that I have been dressing up usually for work, and usually it's fun, but the whole coordination of clothes, pants, shirts, shoes, it's a lot for me. I may have to just pick a uni-outfit and wear that every day. Lastly, I am starting to think about weigh-in. It is lurking. A rainy weekend will almost certainly send me to the gym.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm back home and glad to be here. Would you believe my internet connection wasn't working! But I've caught up on your blogs and am so happy that you are dong it. I can hear how much better you feel about yourself. The trip was wonderful and I'm so pleased that I managed it by myself. Miss you all. Keep up the good work. I'm so proud of you. Love, MOM