Sunday, May 29, 2005

Day 90: Three Months Down, The Rest of My Life to Go

It's true that I've got the fever for SoBe, but I still have down days. Days when I'm hungry, or missing some particular thing. I'm noticing that certain activities, like going to the movies, or to carnivals (went today with my brother's kids) center around food that's not really food, but what my father would have called 'junk.' And it is junk, but it has its place in a life, but not mine. But when you're surrounded by cotton candy, popcorn, carmel apples and fried dough you could start to wonder "what the hell I can eat around here?" The best alternative: eat before you go, or load up on portable snacks—cheese sticks and apples. That's what I've been doing. So far, I've been sailing through. It's actually a lesson I learned from taking Ruby to the park—what do I need? Diapers, new pants, etc. Now, I'm thinking about me. Seems selfish, but I guess that's what you've got to do nearly everytime you're planning to be successful.

Breakfast
1 Multi-grain Engish Muffin
2 Tsp Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
6 oz Vanilla Yoplait (did I mention vanilla has 10 more calories than fruit? I might be ready for plain)
1/2 cup unsalted mixed nuts
1/4 granny smith apple (Ruby bogarted my apple)
1 Cheese Stick

Lunch
Greek Salad with Chicken Cutlet (it was breaded, but I said "what the hell")
Cheese of 2 Slices Pizza

Dinner
Onion-Burger
Pickles
Salad with Feta
1/2 Kosher Hot Dog

No kidding, I ate a lot today. And I thought I was headed to the gym, but instead we headed out for the carnival. It was great fun and I think I might have covered the Domania walk walking around the carnival and the beach. I was hoping for a bike ride when I got home but the rains came. So here's looking at tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I can't tell how much I admire your "stick to it" approach. It's really great and inspiring. I bought salt free planters nutes as a snack too. Is this Tuesday the big weigh in day? Love, MOM