Saturday, May 28, 2005

Day 89

It seems crazy that I'm only at three month mark on the diet, that has turned out to be life-changing event. I want to be so much more than I am, but I am enjoying the becoming. I can tell I am not where I am going to get to, but outside of work, I am having the most fun I've had in quite a while. Knowing I can take the steps, run after Ruby, still have the energy to clean the kitchen, or put a shelf together is giving me quite a bit of 'get up' in the morning. It helps when corduroys that I was going to throw away in February are loose now, even though I must now deal with the reality that I am even shorter than I imagined—not one pair of my new pants is the right length, a fact caused my weight loss. If you've got two hours to kill, you can check out another fat-to-lean story (http://halfmysize.blogspot.com). I lost track, but she had to buy new clothes about every six weeks, and she spent something like $10,000 on new clothes. Of course, I am too lazy to fact check that number, but you can see for yourself.

Breakfast
3/4 Cup of Oatmeal
1 Cup Strawberries
Splenda
Tea

Snack
1/4 Cup of Nuts
Cheese Stick
Granny Smith Apple

Lunch
Kicked up Hamburger (with bacon, parsley from Whole Foods)
Greek Salad
Pickles
Peppadew Peppers

Dinner
Cod a la Emily
Broccoli

On reports that oatmeal could keep you going "till lunch" I made up a standard bowl of Quaker Oats this AM. I added some strawberries for flavor, but they were a bit sour so the enterprise was lacking somewhat. The Splenda did the trick though. I am not sure "it did the trick" because I was still hungry by 10:30-10:45, but this could be because I was limited on my portion size (not sure I would have limited it to 3/4 a cup if I wasn't on SoBe. Additionally, I would have added butter, salt and sugar or honey) or because I am just trained to eat a snack between 10 and 11 when I am at work. Skeedaddling out of work early for the long holiday, I took Ruby on a playdate-matinee of "Madagascar" (which is visually pleasing but a dud of a movie) and I had to endure the chomping, savoring, and passing back and forth of popcorn, and varieties of candy including Jedi M&Ms and baby KitKats. This might be the first film I ever went to where there was popcorn and I didn't have any. Not like popcorn is a big bad deal, but it really just goes to show that some changes are more permanent than others. On the down side, I did not get to the gym today, so I must get out there tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Torture comes in many forms. You have successfully negotiated the "movie snack" form. Well done! Have a great holiday weekend. Love, MOM