Friday, May 06, 2005

Day 68: Another Week Done

This morning I continued to take the SoBe advice: "eat different foods." The advice is meant to keep you from falling into a rut, both from a dietary and nutritional standpoint. I suppose if your body continues to experience things, it doesn't relax, like how you get less and less of an effect the more you take of a substance, like say alcohol. I started this AM with Wheatabix, the English cereal that essential baby pablum in the shape of biscuits. I couldn't resist them at Bread & Circus, and besides, they're all natural. I compared them to All-Bran and noted to my horror, that All-Bran contains high fructose corn syrup. This healthy food is going to kill me! I also bought another kind of vanilla yogurt; I was eating 8oz at a clip—seems silly when EVERY other kind of yogurt on the market has a 6 oz variety. We'll see how "YoPlait" is.

Breakfast
Wheatabix (2 Biscuits)
1 Cup Strawberries/Blueberries
3/4 Cup Fat Free Milk
Tea

Snack
30 Pistachios
15 Almonds
6 Dried Apricots
1 Cheese Stick
1 Granny Smith Apple

Lunch
Chicken Kebab
Greek Salad (The tomatoes were awful)

Dinner
Salad with Fried Onions, Tuna, Almonds, Feta


I do feel like I'm eating more during the day, but I think largely I am eating FAR less in the evening. I suppose I can consider myself successful if I am shifting my eating, even if it doesn't change significantly, from the evening where it's most damaging to the afternoon, when metabolism is high. I feel good that I got out on three walks and hopefully a trip to the gym this weekend (the rain is a big bummer for wanting any outside bike time). I am still eating a lot of nuts, but with the brief exception of one coconut macaroon, have continued my foreswearance of chocolate. I am concerned about the equation of losing 1lb a week until July—that seems hard, especially because I don't think I'm feeling hungry enough to be losing that much. Again, the scale will tell the story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hon, I think that your concern about not being hungry is rooted in some ancient diet thinking. Yes, it's good to be a little bit hungry at night, but I thought one of the points of changing your eating was NOT to be hungry by eating better foods. Less sugar equals less hunger? Something like that? I don't know - what does the SoBe GuRu say about it?

And thanks to Amy K. for pointing out that them onions aint burnt at all, just caramelized the hell out of. And anyone who wants to hear Jane talk about onions for 3hrs can sign up for the lecture series.

Meanwhile, the new mini-wardrobe that Rob got for himself is FANTASTIC. Lots of olive, black and tan. And while he says, "I'm trying," I say, 'I am SEEING!"
His face is really different now which means eyes are all huge again. Even looks slimmer from the back and as far as the front, fuggedaboudit - big difference. This would please my mother, who always bubbled with such glee about how handsome he is.

ONWARD, CHRISTIAN SOLDIER! Your troops are behind you.

Anonymous said...

This is my last message from Florence as we are moving tomorrow and no e-mail...well I don't think so. I encho the commentBUT SINCE THE QUOTE MARKS DON'T WORK bear with me. Onward and upward....no exclaimation points either. Love, MOM
p.S. glad to hear that the new dubs are looking fine.