Saturday, May 21, 2005

Day 82: Another Poker Game

I knew Friday was going to be tough. I had to get up very early, and I knew I was going to be away from any kind of reasonable snack for a long time. Also, I knew I was going to have nuts at the card game so I was careful not to eat any (or any nut products) that day.

Breakfast
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
2 Eggs Over Easy
Tea

Snack
Granny Smith Apple
Vanilla Lite YoPlait
6 Dried Apricots

Poker Mezzo Snack
Olives
More Than 1/4 Cup Mixed, Unsalted Nuts
4 Pepperoni Slices
Peppedew Peppers
Pickles

Dinner
Meatballs Du Swede
Steak Tips
Chicken
Field Greens & Romaine Salad

I had two things going for me going into the card game on Friday. One, I had gone for a brisk walk. Two, I was winning, and it took a lot of my attention to keep all the chips straight. I did go a little crazy on the meat, but I think I ate 25 lbs of salad, so it was OK. I cashed out the big winner, even if I don't lose a whole pound this week.

No comments: