Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Day 65

Felt like a big eating day. I am beginning to fret about not getting back to the gym. Also, the toll of returning to the work week takes some getting used to. In retrospect it felt like going on vacation was instantly easy but the truth is that that takes some getting used to as well.

Breakfast
1 Broken Egg (broken from shell, not pan) 1 Together One
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
Tea
1 Tsp Peanut Butter

Snack
15 Almonds
1 Granny Smith Apple
12 Roasted Fava Beans
30 Pistachios
6 Strawberries

Lunch
3 Roll-Mops (Ham with Havarti)
1 Head Romaine
Pickles

Dinner
Chinese Pork Loin
Spinach with Garlic

For the first time in quite a while (not counting the night before my return to work) I started to crave some dessert. I think it might be that the days are longer, that dieting means hunger, or that I'm still depressed about Constantine being voted off American Idol. In any case, I stuck with my new post-dinnertime ritual, a cup of Egyptian Licorice Tea. I may have said it already, but not eating between dinner and bed is now, and will probably remain my biggest challenge. It's also probably one of the reasons I am able to keep losing weight. Over the vacation I bought a lot of new clothes. Amazingly I realized today that I might not mind the coming of the Spring if I can lose the weight I want, maybe I won't mind doffing my jacket. For a long time I loved jacket season and detested beach season. I'm not sure I'm going to be running for the beach the summer, but I might be tempted to play a little volleyball if the tide is right....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how you make a diet blog interesting, I don't know

don't worry a/b constantine-he will continue to "rock"

Anonymous said...

how you continue to break the egg is amazing to me. you got the spatula trick. i didnt think of addressing how to crack the egg itself. hmmm.