Saturday, May 07, 2005

Day 69

I may have managed to acclimate myself to life on a regimen, but sometimes it's hard. Today Ruby wanted Pappagino's Pizza for lunch. I had hoped to take her to the 50's Diner in Dedham, which is quite yummy, but the way things go with kids, it was much more practical to get her a few slices and there was one very close to where we were going (Toys R Us—for a High Chair for Magnolia). I got her her slices and surveying the menu I found it quite nearly devoid of anything I wanted to eat, let alone SoBe friendly. Out of desperation I ordered the Chicken Caesar, which was first delivered without chicken. The counter guy asked me in broken English if I wanted my Chicken 'grilled." I said OK. The white things featuring grill marks that appeared on my salad are among the most curious and least edible things I have ever faced down on a plate. I will tell you that nearly all of them landed on the tray with the unwanted croutons, unwanted cheese sticks and 1 whole pizza crust-bottom, minus its cheese. It was a very slight lunch, and It was a sickening announcement of Pappagino's inability to produce anything edible other than their pizza, and I would say that that's a case-by-case basis decision. I think their slogan is "passionate about pizza" but you could add "...and pitiful at everything else."

Breakfast
Fruit Cup—Papaya, Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
6 oz Yoplait (it's not bad)
Tea

Snack
1 Cheese Stick
15-20 Almonds
Olives
Light Jarlsberg Wedges
Ham slices

Lunch
Salad (no dressing)
1 Slice of Cheese Pizza (minus the bread-part; I would have licked off the tomato sauce if I thought I could have lived with myself).

Dinner
Sirloin Tips
Broccoli

While making the sirloin tips, I cut a nice small circle of the tip of my finger off. Its continuous bleeding forced me to keep it on ice, elevated and slathered in triple ointment. It's also making it impossible to type. So more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ALMOST 7am fLORENCE TIME. Sorry about the cut and about the pizza store. BUT GREAT THAT YOU ARE LEARNING LOW TO DEAL WITH DIFFICULT SITUATIONS....LIKE WRITING ALL IN CAPS BECAUSE THAT BUTTON DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK THIS AM EITHER. I FIND IODINE A USEFUL FIRST THING FOR SKIN CUTS TO BE FOLLOWED UP WITH BACITRACIN ETC. IT DOES HURT LIKE HELL. LOVE, \MOM