Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Get Your Kicks on Day 66

I am getting quite a bit of counsel about how, if I now begin to exercise, I may replace fat with muscle, and since muscle weighs more than fat, I might start to see less weight loss happening. I don't think I'm in danger of gaining so much muscle that I offset my weight loss, and it has been my uninformed opinon that I had enough weight to lose that I would be able to hit my goal without much difficulty from the muscles. But we'll see. I have for several cycles thought I had hit a plateau, but still netted a loss at weigh in. Even though I'm trying hard to put too much stock in the numbers, I have been able to stay dedicated to the diet (and now the exercise) in part because I'm thinking of it in two week cycles, not a lifetime.

Breakfast
1 Cup All Bran Buds
1 Cup Strawberries
3/4 Cup Fat-Free Milk

Snack- Nutopia
15 Almonds
30 Pistachios
10 Peanuts
5 Roasted Fava Beans
2 Cheese Sticks

Lunch
Tuna Salad
on Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Broccoli (no dressing)

Dinner
Shrimp with Garlic
Snowpeas
Fried Onions

I have been on two walks this week at work, and I continue to break a sweat. Everyone in the walking group is talking about how to lengthen the walk. Meanwhile, I am still trying to keep up with them, constantly trailing. But as they have noted, I can now field a phone call without running out of breath, so that's a big improvement. I've also noticed my ability to get down on the floor with Ruby and Magnolia when I get home has also improved significantly, so there's something. Now if I could only beat the swooning when I smell french fries...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. can you believe it \i found a way to get your blogs from my PC in FLORENCE. THE LITTLE a key is broken on my keyboard but i found a way to get on the net anyway. How'ss them apples? ANYWAY, KEEP UP the good work..it's wonderful. love, MOM