Monday, January 29, 2007

Year 2, Day 332: And A Cookie To Go, Thanks!

Today we had a guest from corporate headquarters here in the local office. In the old days, this would have been a signal for me to go out and get donuts or bagels and cream cheese. I would have gotten a dozen of either, even though there are only six people in my office. As a result of having too many bagels/donuts I would have eaten at least two. And, I would have loved them. As it was, I took him out to lunch at Strip-T's, a place that sounds ribald but is really just an excellent sandwich & lunch place (It does raise eyebrows on the expense account, though). They are well know for their desserts, if not especially for their sheet cake. Since it is located exactly at the midpoint of where my old office was and my new office is, it has been in my rotation for nearly six years. And I must say that whenever I had lunch there, I was in the habit of 'bringing something back,' like a peanut butter cookie, or a slice of sheet cake. Another habit I fondly bid adieu to as I walked out of there today.

Breakfast
2 soft boiled eggs and one yolk
3 slices Turkey Bacon
2 (small) slices of Jane's bread
Coffee

Snack
1 oz. Boston Lite Popcorn
1 Fuji Apple
5 sticks beef jerky
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Lunch: Strip T's
Chicken Kebab
over Greek Salad
(with Balsamic Vinaigrette instead of Greek)

Dinner
Chicken Breast
Bok Choy
String Beans with Ground Turkey

With dessert being so prevalent in my household, it's no wonder that GUMSERT didn't come around sooner. Of course GUMSERT, like its distant relative, NUTSERT, is the act of having that 'after dinner treat' that is comprised only of a few lonely sticks of chewing gum. While in reality it is not very satisfying, it is the modern way for those looking for their after-dinner sweet without their after dinner calories.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love the idea of gumsert. I've been doing it for years...just didn't have a name for it. Good for you! Love, MOM