Friday, January 12, 2007

Year 2, Day 315 Last Friday Off

By some quirk of a schedule, Emily had Fridays off in the first semester and a few weeks after. I have been lucky enough that I had the stored up time to take off some of them with her. Now she's going back to five day a week work and so will I. It's kind of depressing, and especially as it coincides with the winter actually arriving in New England. It also seems like it will be a long time before we have any significant time off together again. That's kind of sad, but not as sad as the fact that I don't have a remote starter for my car. Emily has one for hers, and I'm just so absolutely jealous. That's going to be the next generation's remote control (in the Northeast). People in California may not understand why you would need a remote starter. It's so you can start your car from your house so it's warm when you get in it. Of course, this prompts the typical question, if they can put a man on the moon, why can't they make it so your car is warm instantly?

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Ikea Muesli
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Post workout snack
6 oz Stonyfield Yogurt (Plain)
4 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch
Brisket, Burnt Ends and Pulled Chicken
Cabbage/Carrot/Feta & Balsamic Vinegar

Snack
30g of Boston Lite Popcorn
Coke Zero

Dinner
Shrimp a la Emily
String Beans
Salad

I did seven miles in 65 minutes, which seems to be about what I do now when I go to the gym. It's great to be able to go during the weekdays because nobody's there. It's nice to have the place to yourself. Sure, there's no one and nothing to look at except the TVs but there's no pressure and you don't have to worry about getting off the machine or getting on a machine or did you wipe the machine or did you turn off the TV or wipe the TV part of the machine or sign up in the wrong box or all the things that may be slightly aggravating to consider when it's really packed, like on Sunday afternoons when I am usually there. I have been setting it on level four or five, and I think I'm ready to go to the next level there, too. I probably need to start branching out, but look, it took me 40 years to go on a diet and START exercising so it may take me a while to find another machine that I like (and have enough coordination to do).

1 comment:

Mom said...

We were playing bridge yesterday at a tournament in New Jersey and had a great time. No we actually didn't do all that well. I said I wondered if my treadmill was helping me get exercise just having it in the family room. My bridge partner Ann said hers in her basement and she gets more exercise because she has to go down the stairs to see it. Just kidding...but it is hard to get back to the exercise regimen after the slothful holidays. I think you're doing great! Love, MOM