Monday, January 01, 2007

Year 2, Day 303, Happy New Year

I woke up on the last day of the year, and nearing my last day of vacation determined to break out my sick, sullen, bitter, depressed state and make something happen. Naturally this started with the same old breakfast, but I love it that way. I was determined to get to the gym, which I did. I thought I would have to take it easy because I wasn't feeling well, but I managed to do the whole six miles and the whole hour. For the first time ever, I didn't listen to music but watched one of the gym-machine televisions. I watched some of "Six Feet Under" and a poker tournament that featured Gabe Kaplan (who I knew from my childhood as Gabe Kotter, from "Welcome Back Kotter"). I didn't break any speed records, but do you know what? I actually felt better afterwards.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Ikea Muesli
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
Clementine
Popcorn
Smartfood
Beef Jerky

Lunch
Salad
Fritatta

Post-workout Snack
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter

New Year's Eve Dinner
Cheese
Salad
1 Lamb Chop
Bolognese Sauce
2 Slices Balthazar Bread

Dessert
2 Glasses Red Wine
5 Squares Green & Black Chocolate.

It was a swell New Year's Eve party and we left at about 9:00, which was super late for all of us. There was great food, during a great dinner, during which I once again aroused the arched eyebrows of my friends as I eschewed the pasta and ate a bowl of sauce with Balthazar bread. Could I have eaten the pasta? Sure. But instead I saved those empty carbs for later when I drank wine and ate dark chocolate and flitted through the New Year's Eve programming, which is really even more boring than the Fourth of July programming. I suppose it's really aimed at pre-teens who aren't old enough to be AT a party, but old enough to stay up late. As usual, I made no resolutions.

No comments: