Thursday, January 25, 2007

Year 2, Day 328: A Little of Everything

Today I had a 9:30 off-site meeting that went until nearly 12:00pm. I was forced to dig into my bag and eat my jalapeno cheddar cheese right in the conference room, in front of everyone. If I've learned anything from the diet it's that your blood sugar waits for no man. And further, that no man will provide for you and your blood sugar if you don't. I realize that to avoid the ups and downs of the day it is crucial to keep said blood sugar level steady. Even though I tried in the meeting, I went careening off the ceiling later in the day.

Breakfast
2 Eggs
1. 5 Pieces of Jane's Bread
3 Slices of Ham

Snack
3 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 oz Orville Redenbacher Popcorn
50 Almonds
10 Cashews

Lunch: Russo's ($5.55)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, broccoli slaw
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner
Trout
Snow Peas
A bite of RIb Meat

Things I tried to feed to the kids but they fed me instead:

Strawberries (2)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (50% of 1)
Kashi Go Lean Crunch with Milk (2 Small Bites)

Tasting the Go Lean Crunch! of course, is like eating Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries, only a little less bad for you overall and a lot more painful for your lower intestine (today's food writers say that America's processed food is greeted by our bodies as 'pre-digested'). As always when I taste something that's delightfully sugary (as opposed to overwhelmingly sugary like a raspberry filled chocolate cookie) it sort of makes something light up inside me like a winning slot machine. It's sometimes very difficult to get away from that exciting, addictive feeling that comes from only a few things in life: Sugar, Chocolate, Sex. As for sugar, it was never my weakness per se, but I do have to keep my distance, or else sugar will take out a restraining order on me. a

1 comment:

Mom said...

I would only add salt to the list of exciting things in life. Sugar is nice but salty things...while equally or even worse for you...are my real preference. Yes, now it can be told...Auntie Annie's pretzels deep fried (arghh)are at the top of the list. You have to eat them out of the oven...they don't keep well. In fact, they don't keep at all. A half hour later and they are cardboard. It's an acquired taste. Love, MOM